Plan members can now save time, paper, and postage by submitting your health and dental claims online through my-benefits E-Claims. Here are the steps to enrol online with my-benefits:
- Go to www.my-benefits.ca. If you're using your smart phone, do not use the mobile site. Please click "No, and continue to my-benefits." The mobile app will be coming soon.
- Once you're reached the official website, please look in the top section and click "Sign Me Up."
- Then click "I am a plan member" and have your beige wallet card in had. Follow the steps as prompted, your password and login information will be emailed to you.
Once you are logged onto my-benefits, you will find a "Submit Claims" tab in the menu, this allows you to electronically submit all health and dental claims with the exception of prescription drug and travel claims. You will need to sign up for direct deposit of claim payments, you will be walked through this step if you have not already completed it.
6 Simple steps to submitting claims:
- Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions
- Select the patient who used the services
- Select the service or product supplies (type of claim)
- Select the provider (dentist, optician, chiropractor, etc...)
- Enter the service date and the amount charged by the provider, attach an electronic copy of the original receipt or an "Explanation of Benefits" statement from any plan that has already paid a portion of the expense
- Read and agree to the "Authorization" and indicate if the claim should be paid to the insurer or the service provider.
You will receive an email when your "Explanation of Benefits" has been prepared. You can view the status of any claim at any time under the "Claims History" tab.
To protect the plan from fraud and misuse, claims submitted using my-benefits will be subject to random audits and verification. You will be required to retain all original documents for 12 months from the date of submission for presentation in case a claim is selected for audit.